Forum Discussion

socaltester
Contributor
5 years ago

Clone Test Step into Multiple Test Cases Using Groovy

I have a Test Step that I need to clone into all the Test Cases I have within all the Test Suites. Would the following script work when ran against each Test Suite individually:

def slaveTestStep = testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.getTestSuiteByName("Test Suite").getTestCaseByName("Name")
testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.getTestSuiteByName("Test Suite").get TestCaseByName("Name").cloneTestStepByName(slaveTestStep,"NewName")

Tags (0)
Add tags

8 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey socaltester,

Have you tried the script? Easiest way to find out if it works is to try it on a small dummy testsuite surely?

Then if it doesnt work you can post any error response you get to assist the diagnosis?

Just a suggestion....whenever im passing anything to qnt variables, u always add logging to ensure its working and to assist diagnosis if it doesnt

Ta

Rich
      socaltester
      Contributor

Example Result:

def slaveTestStep = testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.getTestSuiteByName("AdminTestSuite").getTestCaseByName("Authenticate")
      testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.getTestSuiteByName("AdminTestSuite").getTestCaseByName("AppBundles(addBundle)").cloneTestStepByName(slaveTestStep,"Authenticate")Tags (0) authentication

Exception thrown

groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: testRunner for class: cloneAuthenticateStep
      at cloneAuthenticateStep.run(cloneAuthenticateStep.groovy:1)

Note: I'm attempting to use the GroovyConsole tool withing SoapUI Pro

I'm hoping this might help: https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Pro/SoapUI3-5-No-such-property-testRunner-for-clases-Script1/m-p/16055#M7123

"...the assertion script does not have access to the testRunner variable..."

def testCase = messageExchange.modelItem.testCase

def ResponseMessage = testCase.testSteps["Step1"].testRequest.response.contentAsString

log.debug 'response is :::: ' + ResponseMessage

socaltester
        Contributor

Added def testCase - messageExchange.modeItem.testCase

def testCase = messageExchange.modelItem.testCase
        def slaveTestStep = testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.getTestSuiteByName("AdminTestSuite").getTestCaseByName("Authenticate")
        testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.getTestSuiteByName("AdminTestSuite").getTestCaseByName("AppBundles(addBundle)").cloneTestStepByName(slaveTestStep,"Authenticate")Tags (0) authentication

Now this is the Exception:

Exception thrown

groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: messageExchange for class: cloneAuthenticateStep

at cloneAuthenticateStep.run(cloneAuthenticateStep.groovy:1)