Ask a Question

Can interface definitions be shared between projects?

silvestrpeknik
Occasional Contributor

Can interface definitions be shared between projects?

Hi,

i have a situation where i have several projects to test my application. Each project contains different test suites, but they all share the same interfaces.

Is there a way to share the same interface definitions between projects?

Or, to be able to put interfaces into a sub-folder in the project would help a bit too.

Putting all tests into one project is not what i want to do, it would become too big, and the structure offered by SoapUI (2 levels - testsuite, testcase) is not sufficient to model the situation i have.

Thanks,
Silvestr
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can interface definitions be shared between projects?

Hi Silvestr,

Unfortunately, that's not possible. A project needs to have its own interface to be able to send requests to it. If I may ask, what is the reason for you wanting to avoid having everything in one project?

Regards,

Arian
SmartBear Sweden

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
silvestrpeknik
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

i have system that is deployed with different configuration for different customers.

For each customer, i have regression tests (cca 30-50 test suites).

Interfaces for all these projects are the same, so when a change occurs in the interface, i need to update it in all projects, and it is getting cumbersome when i have 10+ projects.

I was thinking that maybe if interfaces could be in a sub-folder, i could just copy this sub-folder between the projects. Or i could use versioning system to handle the sharing.

Hi,

On SoapUI there is an environment feature to ease this kind of problem when you have to test with different configuration. Please have a look at this link http://www.soapui.org/Working-with-Projects/environment-handling-in-soapui.html.

But I understand for 10+ project it will be still cumbersome even if you put them in one project with 10+ environments.

Regards,
Shadid
SmartBear Sweden.

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: