Forum Discussion

Charliem
Occasional Visitor
8 years ago

Bug: Retina Mac Soap UI

Hi All,

I am having an issue with Soap UI on a Macbook Pro retina. Sometimes after a few minutes of use Soap UI jumps up to 100% CPU usage constantly. It doesn't stop until the application is exited. The application remains functional, all be it with a very long lag in responding to mouse clicks. Its virtually unusable in this state and so leads me to restart soap ui many times a day. 

I believe it stems form the fact I have retina display and two other regular monitors connected to the Macbook in the office. When I use Soap UI away from the office with just the built in Retina screen it seems to function normally. 

The issue seems to be triggered by the UI events surrounding updating the request parameter values in a request. The API I mostly work with requires making a call to get a session token. Which then has to passed to all subsequent calls. So I tend to end up copying and pasting this value into each request before executing each request. Occasionally I have noticed the context menu for the textbox being rendered on the retina screen despite the fact the Soap ui window is open on another screen.

I have also had to apply the following config change. Which I think was a known issue previously with Retina Macs.

-Dsoapui.jxbrowser.disable=true

Any suggestions to work around this?

Thanks,

Charlie M 
No RepliesBe the first to reply