Forum Discussion

eurdim
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

Best approach to update the same service in multiple projects

As it is not possible to simply copy a resource of a service from one project to another, I wonder what the best approach is if you have a service in multiple projects and the service changes (e.g. new resources) how to update the service in all projects in the most efficient way. Ideally you would update it in one project and then copy a resource to the other projects.

Copying the whole service is possible but then you would have to move all requests from the former version of the service to the new one which might also be cumbersome. And you can't just delete the old service without losing all the connected test requests (they are deleted as well without the option to move them to the new service - which is actually pretty bad!).

The best I found so far is to manually create the resource in the target project and then drag the subitems under the resource from the first project to the second one, which causes a cloning window to popup where you can specify the target resource...

But this can't be the solution, so I wonder if there is a better method to do this?

1 Reply