Forum Discussion

andrew_net
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

BUG? JSONPath Existence Match cannot use condition

This was discovered when I chatted about a different issue in the forum. I am posting it here so the problem is more clear and hope to get some attention. Let's say I have a response like below

{"errors": [{
   "code": "100",
   "message": "Message for 100",
  },

{
   "code": "200",
   "message": "Message for 200",
  }

]}

I created "JSONPath Existence Match" asserts as below

Expression: $..errors[?(@.code == 100)]

Expected result: true

Expression: $..errors[?(@.code == 800)]

Expected result: false

I would think both VALID, i.e. the actaul result of the second expression would be false. However, the actual result was true. The second assertion failed with the error:

-> Comparision failed for path [$..errors[?(@.code == 800)]], expecting [false], and actual was [true]

However, if I create "JSONPath Count" asserts instead as shown below:

Expression: $..errors[?(@.code == 100)]

Expected result: 1

Expression: $..errors[?(@.code == 800)]

Expected result: 0

Both assertion will be VALID, i.e. the actual result of the second expression will be 0 (which is the expected value).

This is not consistent! Should this be a BUG?

I tried this on both SoapUI OpenSource 5.2.1 and the SoapUI NG Pro 1.5.0 (ReadyAPI 1.5.0). They all behave the same.

6 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Andrew_net,

Thanks for reporting this behavior. I’ve reproduced a similar issue and reported it to our R&D Team. Let’s wait for the news from them.

andrew_net
        Occasional Contributor

Hi Tanya,

Thanks for getting back to me.

This is really good news! Unfortunately, I cannot test it on Ready API since my trial license is expired and I am still waiting for the approval of the real license. I tried to install the maintenance build and it still tells me the trail license is expired.

Do you know if the change went into SoapUI open software version? Is there a maintenance build for the open software version I can test this on?

Thanks.