Forum Discussion

omensio
Contributor
15 years ago

Ability to put reaquest and response into testcase report

There are some new fine reports awvailabe now but still i need to log both request and response in ored to get customer satisfied. Is it possible to add those elements eg. as attachments.

Test Request has the Dump File property but that does not dump the request , only the response. You should add response also into that dump file.
And forthermore the Dump File property shoul be in hiegher level eg. in testcase or  in project level (i think i sould explain this idea a little bit better in Feature folder later on).

Br,
Olli

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

Currently the only way to log the entire message exchange is by using the -a flag for the commandline runner. This will log everything to files. We're planning a blog post on customizing reports, so stay tuned for that!

Regards,
    Dain
    eviware
  • Thanks!
    One workaround found: put Preferences Complete Error Logs on. The dissadv. of that is u had to make 1 error which will always occur.

I hope o see in the reporting the possibility to select wheather to list req and resp soon!

BR,
    Olli
    Tieto_Deutschla
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi  Olli,

there is another better way to get full SOAP request & response into testcase report:

1. On your testcase Test-Properties  add two new properties:  SOAPRequest and SOAPResponse
    2. After your webservice call teststep add a property transfer step
    3. Add two properties in this transfer step SOAPRequest and SOAPResponse and choose as transfer source the service request / response and as destination your Test-Properties defined in step 1

Alle testcase Test-Properties including their content are printed in the report.

BR,
    Alexander Knauer