Forum Discussion

RFloyd2000
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

A method to have threads select from a pool of TCP Sockets

We are attempting to perform a loadtest on our web server. The test involves queries to the webserver from a webpage made up of five to ten dashlets with information in each dashlet from the servers database. So basically, the client uses 2-3 TCP connections to the server using HTTP GETs to fill the information for the dashlets.

I'm currently having trouble getting soapUI to emulate this behavior. I created a TestSuite that has five steps, each test step is a HTTP GET. This partially works, but the problem is only one TCP connection is opened. If I select "close after each HTTP request", then five TCP connections are opened. So both behaviors are incorrect for our testing.

Is there a way to create a "pool of TCP sockets" so that we can select the number of TCP connections (i.e. ports) to use during the testing?

1 Reply

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

Unfortunately this is not possible in soapUI. If you would like to see this feature, please post in the Feature Request subforum detailing how you would like the feature to work, and it may be added in a future version of the software.

Regards,
    Dain
    SmartBear Software