Forum Discussion

steve_clarke
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

"The installation wizard found an earlier version of qacomplete on your computer - I don't have one!

Hi,

I am trying to install TestComplete 11.5 on server 2102r2. I have a fresh install of SQL2106.

I have checked of all the prerequisites and installed Crystal Reports (as supplied with the install package).

No problems until it comes to actually installing QAComplete. It tells me that there is an earlier version of QAComplete on the server and to uninstall it.

I have searched the hard drive from top to bottom and the registry, the only 'Smartbear' or 'QAComplete' files I can find are the downloaded 11.5 installation files and the Crystal Reports installation.

Where is the Install Shield wizard looking to find this 'earlier version'?

Cheers,

Steve. 

CGangloff
    7 years ago

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your post. In this case, please refer to the "Manual Upgrade" flow described in the QAComplete 11.2 Upgrade Guide located at: http://downloads.smartbear.com/QAComplete/Enterprise/112/update/112QACompleteUpdater.pdf.

- The manual upgrade includes the "complete removal of the QAComplete application" (page 5 - 10)

Please carefully follow the procedure to remove the rest of the old QAComplete from the server and install the latest version after it using the 11.5 QAComplete installation guide.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Christiane

3 Replies

• Hi,

Apologies, a typo in the original post, It should, of course, begin; I am trying to install QAComplete 11.5 on server 2012r2.

A further update: it seems that an earlier version, I was unaware of, had been installed on this machine and then removed. I am thinking now that the uninstall of this earlier version didn't quite remove all of the files. As stated below, I have searched the hard drive and registry for anything "smartbear" or "qacomplete" and have returned nothing from said searches except the installation files for 11.5 and the Crystal Reports install (as a prerequisite to the install of 11.5). So perhaps there are other entries in the registry (CLSID for example) that might not be picked up in a search?

Cheers,

Steve.

CGangloff

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your post. In this case, please refer to the "Manual Upgrade" flow described in the QAComplete 11.2 Upgrade Guide located at: http://downloads.smartbear.com/QAComplete/Enterprise/112/update/112QACompleteUpdater.pdf.

- The manual upgrade includes the "complete removal of the QAComplete application" (page 5 - 10)

Please carefully follow the procedure to remove the rest of the old QAComplete from the server and install the latest version after it using the 11.5 QAComplete installation guide.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Christiane

steve_clarke
        Contributor

Hi Christiane,

Many thanks for the excellent solution.

The 11.2 guide was very good and the results were perfect; one fully working, installed QAComplete 11.5 version.

I will store that guide...just in case.

Cheers,

Steve.