Forum Discussion

RaghdaMorsy
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

Run test from QAComplete failes to click the highlighted object in the correct position

I have a test developed in TestComplete 12.50(64bit)
The test includes a click action, in a web application through FireFox 61.0.1(64bit)
I run the test from QAComplete 11.9 through a VM Windows7(64bit).

When I use UserA in test agent , the test passes fine .
But when I use UserB in test agent , the test reaches the click action, but the click is done in a wrong position , so we don'e get the expected results.

Please check the attached screenshots:
- The passingClick.png image shows the correct highlighting and click of the object.
- The FailingClick.png image shows the click a littel bit above the highlighted object.

I tried to reporduce the issue manually by login the VM with UserB , but I couldn't reproduce it. ( I can click manually and get the exepected results).

Also I tried to change resolution when I login with UserA and run the automated test,but I couldn't reproduce the issue.

It happens only when I run the test from QAComplete , with test agent user UserB.

Can anyone help please ?

3 Replies

Nastya_Khovrina
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Raghda,

As far as I can see, you have already resolved the issue in the corresponding Support case. Can you please share the solution with us here?

RaghdaMorsy
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Anastasia

Thank you for reminding me , yes it was solved by using scrollIntoView for object we want to click.

But the original issue was because there were 2 panel over each other , and both panels have an object with the same attributes, I was trying to click the object on the top, while TestComplete was trying to click the object in the back.

Using scrollIntoView solved the issue, But I still don't know why scrollIntoView worked with the correct object, while click didn't work!
      Also I still don't know why Click was working with UserA , and wasn't working with UserB, then it worked fine when scrollIntoView is used!

Anyway I'm glad the issue is solved

Thanks
      Raghda