Forum Discussion

chethan1234
New Contributor
13 years ago

Taking more time to eeecyte the test

7 Replies

• Hi Chethan,

Could you please clarify your question? What do you mean?
  • If we Record the scenario it takes 2m for recording , if I play that same scenario it is taking more than 10m to verify the same  Web test  and later we are facing

Following errors

1)The following socket error occurred during simulation 10061 :connection Refused

2)Connection 1 of the scenario assigned to the virtual user Virtual user (1): Quality of service criteria violated. Response time threshold: 2000 ms. Actual response time: 11530 ms.

• while adding the new project if i enter the IP or Machine Name  , iam not able to connect to the server  ,

so let me what to be done to connect to that server..
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Take a look at the following thread:  http://smartbear.com/forums/forum/post/?mode=singleThread&thread=dde76341-a3e4-406d-a088-fbcc149ee9b5

Considering what you mentioned about not being able to connect to the server, this is starting to sound somewhat like a permissions/connection problem between the user running LoadComplete and the web server.  Could you double check those permissions and see if the LoadComplete execution user has the appropriate privilege levels to read counters and such from your web server?

• Hi Chethan,

1)The following socket error occurred during simulation 10061 :connection Refused

"Connection refused" errors can often occur if the HTTP proxy server settings in LoadComplete are incorrect. Please see the HTTP Proxy Server section in the HTTP Load Testing Options help topic to learn how to configure these settings. Pay attention to the restriction mentioned in this topic: LoadComplete incorrectly plays back tests recorded via local proxy servers, therefore, an external proxy server should be used. Please contact your system administrator to help you configure these proxy settings.

2)Connection 1 of the scenario assigned to the virtual user Virtual user (1): Quality of service criteria violated. Response time threshold: 2000 ms. Actual response time: 11530 ms.

"Quality of service criteria violated" errors occur, because the Quality of Service (QOS) settings specified for your test project or for a load test are too strict for the tested Web server (the server's performance is not fast enough for the specified QOS parameters). The response threshold value mentioned in your error message is 2000 ms. It is the default value for the Max Time to First Byte setting. Most probably, you have created the project with the default values specified on the Quality of Service page of the Create New Project wizard. To avoid such errors, you can either increase the value of the Max Time to First Byte setting (on the Quality of Service page in the Load Test editor for a load test or on the General Settings page in the LoadTesting editor for the entire project), or turn off the setting at all if you do not need it. For more information, please see the "Quality of Service" Violation Errors section in the Resolving Errors help topic.

while adding the new project if i enter the IP or Machine Name  , iam not able to connect to the server

If you want to monitor some server-side characteristics and specify the name or IP address of the needed Web server on the Servers to Monitor page in the Create New Project wizard, note that the specified server must be configured in a special way to enable remote monitoring. Please see the Configuring Servers for Monitoring help topic for details.

Perhaps, this issue with connection to the server may also be caused by incorrect proxy server settings, which I have talked about above. Furthermore, it is possible that the specified server name or IP address is invalid, or the server is simply offline. Also, see the forum thread to which Robert referred earlier.

As for your comment on the difference between the time spent on recording a load testing scenario and the appropriate load test execution time, please see the Timing Scenario Execution help topic. It explains how load test execution time is calculated in LoadComplete. I suppose, this information will give you the answer to your question about why there is such a difference between the time for recording and playing back scenarios.

Thanks.
  • Hi

I am able to monitor windows 2008 server , but i am not able to monitor the normal machine like win7 and XP operating system machines.
  • Hi Chethan,

We have made some investigations, and it has turned out that actually there are some additional requirements that must be met to obtain values of performance counters from Windows-based servers (we'll add this information to the LoadComplete documentation later):

1. The Remote Registry service must be enabled and started on the server computer to be monitored. Note that this service is disabled by default on Windows Vista and later operating systems.

2. The user account under which LoadComplete is running must be a member of one of the following user groups on the server computer:

* Performance Monitor Users

* Performance Log Users

* Administrators

Note that the Performance Monitor Users and Performance Log Users groups are not available on Windows XP. Therefore, if this operating system is used on the monitored server, you must add your user account to the Administrators group on the server.

3. The File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks service must be installed and enabled on the server to be monitored.

4. If you use a firewall, make sure that the 139 and 445 TCP ports are opened (they are required by File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks).

Please make sure that all these requirements are met on the server to be monitored. Does this help?

BTW, we tried to monitor performance parameters on machines with Windows XP and Windows 7 and it was possible to monitor them if the above mentioned requirements were met. Thus, it seems that there are no any specific restrictions for these operating systems.