cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

401 error. How to use variable tof session and token id?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

401 error. How to use variable tof session and token id?

Hi,,

I am having lots of 401 errors, trying to do load testing.  I looked at some previous q&a and suggested using variable to store dynamic session and token ID can solve this issue.  But I am having difficulties getting the value.  any suggestions?

Thanks

Mary

LC_question.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: 401 error. How to use variable tof session and token id?

Hi Mary,

At a first glance everything looks correct.

I would recommend the following:

-- Add two Custom Message operations after request/response pair where Variable1 and Variable2 are getting their values and output their values to check that correct values were extracted;

-- Check test log for the failed requests and verify that correct cookie values were sent in requests - I expect that some part of cookie might be corrupted during replacement (Secure, Path, SameSite parts).

-- You may also try to utilize Developers Tools in, say, Chrome, record the same traffic you are trying to simulate in LoadComplete and compare requests recorded in Chrome and issued by LoadComplete.

If nothing from above helps and you are allowed, you may send me a private message via this forum and we may consider some screen-sharing session.

Regards,
  /Alex [Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
================================
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Read the Latest News
JuneSCNJ