Forum Discussion

danrald
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Why does it work in TestComplete but not TestExecute

I have some code in Testcomplete that works fine on my machine. But when I deploy to any test machine

it sometimes works. Meaning. sometimes the code works, sometimes it does not. The code at hand is this:

browser = Sys.WaitBrowser("*",10000);

page = brower.FindChild("ObjectType", "Page", 1000);

It always works in TestComplete, but sometime it does not work when I deploy to TestExecute. I would

say that fails in TestExecute 75% of the time.

Thanks

• You can either do that and keep bumping it up to find a good time for your machines or you could start high, with maybe 10000 and if that works, then lower it until it doesn't work.  It will take a little experimenting.

6 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Since you're running them on different machines, you may need to adjust the wait time in your WaitBrowser or

change the time between events here:

Tools->Current Project Properties -> Playback

We have found that increasing the time between events helps our tests run on more machines.  We still need some Delay or Wait statements but not as many.

danrald
      Occasional Contributor

This is interesting. We currently have 50 ms for event delays. What would you suggest? I'm going to bump it up to 1000 for the meantime.

Thanks!

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

You can either do that and keep bumping it up to find a good time for your machines or you could start high, with maybe 10000 and if that works, then lower it until it doesn't work.  It will take a little experimenting.