Forum Discussion

4 years ago
Solved

Choice of Plugin between CucumberStudio and Cucumber for JIRA natively

Hi Team,

This is first time I want to integrate Cucumber plugin into my JIRA so I went in marketplace and searched for it I found out two plugins one is "Cucumber for JIRA - BDD" and other is "CucumberStudio - BDD". I am confused on which one to choose.

Here I have created my Test Framework using "Cucumber 5"  which is like combination of cucumber and TestNG.

so all my test I prefer to run from my test framework and all these Feature file I create should be available in JIRA. So Business user can see them and add/update scenarios and they too can be uploaded from JIRA in my code repository which I will link to this plugin. All test results after execution should be visible in JIRA (I think CI integration will require).

Is this possible to achieve? Out of two which plugin I should opt for?

Thanks,

Rakesh.

• Hi racchouhan12 

I'm sorry about the confusion! Based on what you have said I think the Cucumber for Jira plugin is the right one for you. It will allow you to bring your features and scenarios out of your Git repository into your Jira project.

The CucumberStudio - BDD plugin is for connecting CucumberStudio projects to Jira projects, so its only useful if you are a CucumberStudio user.

Hope that helps,

Steve

2 Replies

tooky
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi racchouhan12 

I'm sorry about the confusion! Based on what you have said I think the Cucumber for Jira plugin is the right one for you. It will allow you to bring your features and scenarios out of your Git repository into your Jira project.

The CucumberStudio - BDD plugin is for connecting CucumberStudio projects to Jira projects, so its only useful if you are a CucumberStudio user.

Hope that helps,

Steve

heijtink
      New Contributor

The OP writes:

"so all my test I prefer to run from my test framework and all these Feature file I create should be available in JIRA. So Business user can see them and add/update scenarios and they too can be uploaded from JIRA in my code repository which I will link to this plugin."

I'm test driving Cucumber for Jira. But I don't see a way in Jira to save changes made to a feature file in Jira. All I see is that the feature file is not in sync with the source but He can't actually add or update scenario's from within Jira. How is this done? Or does the developer still need to do monkey copy and paste to update the feature file in code?