Forum Discussion

andyfrith2
New Contributor
4 years ago

Jenkins plugin - local tunnel

Hi,

I am trialling using the Jenkins CBT plugin and want to use the local tunnel with it, however it fails and doesn't give a very useful error message:

17:43:40 Going to use default tunnel
17:43:41 Tunnel is currently not running. Need to start one.
17:43:41 Waiting for the tunnel to establish a connection.
17:44:47 FATAL: Failed to start Local Tunnel
17:44:47 java.lang.Error: Failed to start Local Tunnel
17:44:47 	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.cbt_jenkins.CBTBuildWrapper.startLocalTunnel(CBTBuildWrapper.java:219)
17:44:47 	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.cbt_jenkins.CBTBuildWrapper.setUp(CBTBuildWrapper.java:309)
17:44:47 	at hudson.model.Build$BuildExecution.doRun(Build.java:157)
17:44:47 	at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.run(AbstractBuild.java:504)
17:44:47 	at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1894)
17:44:47 	at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:43)
17:44:47 	at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:97)
17:44:47 	at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:428)

Is there any advice as to how I can debug and fix this?

Thanks

Andy

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Jenkins plugin - local tunnel

Is Jenkins installed in the same network you are working in and are you trying to open a tunnel from Jenkins to the same local network?

You may start with consulting with your sysadmins - some networks do not allow opening VPN tunnels to them from the machine that is part of this network. Some other restrictions may also exist that your admins are aware of.

Create Support ticket via the https://support.smartbear.com/crossbrowsertesting/message/ form if sysadmins cannot help.

andyfrith2
      New Contributor

Thanks for your response.

Yes I'm trying to open the tunnel on the same network as Jenkins.

I noticed looking in the plugin code that it is looking for the embedded tunnel at 

"/cbt_tunnels/v0.9.3";

however I don't see this installed on my Jenkins install, so perhaps that is the issue? It sounds like the plugin should handle this automatically, but perhaps I should try the option to manually install the cbt_tunnel module and provide the path to it.