Forum Discussion

pascal_pelletie
New Contributor
10 years ago

[CodeReviewer] [Archive] - Reduce content cache which inflates : which consequences on Code Reviews stored ?

Hi everybody,

I'm studying the upgrade of an old Code Collaborator instance in v6.1.61.03 to v8.4.

Currently the content cache contains approximately 59 596 files and uses 6.11 GB. This size is growing every day and I would like to control it before doing the upgrade.

I would like to understand what will be the consequences for Code Reviews currently stored if I set a date to "Archive items older than" this date, as explained in "Archive" tab of  "Site-Wide Administration" page :

• Code Reviews will be still available for consultation only by users thru the Web interface (at least the Code Review id + description)  ?

• or all Code Reviews older than the defined date will be definitly removed ?

Any help will be appreciate.

BR, Pascal.

2 Replies

• Hi, 

Collaborator stores two types of information:

1- Reviews information such as participants, comments, defects, description ... etc which are stored in the database. 

2- The uploaded files "Reviews Material" which are located in the content cache directory. Its default location is “<INSTALL_DIR>\Collaborator Server\tomcat\collaborator-content-cache”.

That being said, you will still be able to open the reviews after removing/archiving Collaborator content cache but you won't be able to view any files that have been removed.

To archive anything there, simply move the older folders out of that directory. There isn't an easy way to tell if they're still in use, so your best option is to guess based on the modified date of each folder(arrange folders by date). If you happen to remove a file that's still in use, the end-user will receive a message stating that the file has been archived, along with its reference number - the message will be (Content for version uncontrolled is not available - it was archived by your administrator.(Content MD5: 7562e28ba19...) for example). You'd then need to copy that back to the content cache to 75 then 62 then e2.

Hope this help you, 

Note: we strongly recommend having a full backup before you apply any changes. 

Feel free to contact us at support@smartbear.com 

Best, 

Manjula
      New Contributor

Hi Community,

Is there any changes/updates to the archival procedure in version 10 and above of Collaborator? We are facing the same situation of cache filling up the drive.  

Even if I archive using the command line/Web GUI option, the contents remain inside the cache. So we are not reducing the cache in any way. 

My use case is basically, find all old reviews , say completed 3 months or earlier and then just archive the content (by archive I mean remove from cache) and thus reduce cache size. 

Using the zip file, we can always see the content, so that may be alright. 

Any pointers are highly appreciated. 

Thanks!

M