Forum Discussion

jhanna
New Contributor
12 years ago

Cannot add new changelist

I have installed CC 6.0 3 times on my Ubuntu 10.04 and cannot add to changelist in P4v. I cant get it working at command line either. Permission denied on everything even though I have tried every chown and chmod command for the root collab directory as well as ccollab/.install4j. This is baffling and work stopping. any help would be appreciated

3 Replies

jhanna
    New Contributor
    Is there a helpful troubleshooting guide for code collab on ubuntu?
  • It would help if we could get a debugging log of the Perforce plugin failing.  To do this, edit the custom tool configuration (Tools > Manage Custom Tools > Edit) and add a --debug argument to the argument list, and go through the steps again to reproduce the error you were seeing.

This will create a ccollab.log file in the "current working directory" which is either the Perforce install directory or the "Start in" directory specified in the Custom Tool configuration.

After running this command, do not forget to remove the --debug option from the p4v tool or commands from p4v may run slightly slower in the future.

Please send that to Technical Support and we will help you resolve your issue.

Our email address is support@smartbear.com
    jhanna
    New Contributor
    I cant even get the client UI app to run. I have installed 3 times and no luck

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Gnome 2.30.2

Would love to arrange a goto meeting with a support engineer and quickly resolve this

PS

sorry for delay. just back from leave