Forum Discussion

aleppke
New Contributor
14 years ago

"No custom field named ****" error when saving new review in eclipse

I'm not sure whether this belongs in the user or administrator forum but I assume it has something to with the custom field settings so I put it here.

I'm currently running the demo version of Code Collaborator 6.0. I created some custom templates, roles and review fields, all with fairly unimaginative names. I then attempted to create a review from Eclipse using my new custom template. When I attempted to save the review (via ctrl + s), an error dialog popped up saying "No custom field named 'Custom String field'". The review does not save and thus I cannot begin it from the Eclipse IDE. I can begin the review from Firefox or IE with no problems but not from Eclipse. If use the default template instead of my custom one, it works just fine.

I've attached screenshots of the error and my custom field and template settings. Everything looks OK from what I can tell but I might be missing something. I'm running version 6.0.6013 of the eclipse plug-in on Eclipse 3.5.0 on Windows XP Professional SP3. If you need any more information, let me know.

9 Replies

aleppke
    New Contributor
    I was fiddling around with this last night and found that the problem only occurs if you set one of the custom fields to something. If you leave them blank and just add the necessary reviewers, you can save and begin the review without a problem. However, I still can't set the custom fields from eclipse, even after I get the review started.
  • This problem was introduced in the 6.0.6013 Eclipse plugin.  Try downgrading your Eclipse plugin to 6.0.6012 and it should work (or you can just do this part in the web UI and wait for a fix).
    aleppke
    New Contributor
    Awesome, thanks! Version 6.0.6012 of the plug-in works great. I'll check out the fix when it becomes available.

Thanks again, I appreciate the prompt replies.
  • Fix reviewed and committed.  It will be included in the next build of Code Collaborator 6.
  • I currently have 6.0.6013 installed (Eclipse on Mac OS X 10.6.5). How can I revert it to 6.0.6012? I am new to Eclipse and Code Collaborator. Thank you.
  • Follow the Eclipse manual instructions to uninstall the plugin, and then install the older version of the Code Collaborator plugin.  Our update site contains all the old versions of our plugin.