Forum Discussion

tillig
New Contributor
14 years ago

How do you configure which file types get added to a code review?

I've noticed that CodeCollaborator automatically excludes some file types from being uploaded to a review, like *.exe and *.dll. How do I view or configure the list of files that gets ignored? In some cases, we have reviews that appear to be missing some files and I'd like to verify whether the files are being ignored or whether it's user error.

We are currently on CodeCollaborator 5.0.5030.

3 Replies

codyc
    Occasional Contributor
    Code Collaborator doesn't ignore any files.   However, if you're using one of the 'diff' commands like addsvndiffs, Code Collaborator will be limited to the output of the underlying source control system's 'diff' command.  For example: 'svn diff' does not include binary files in its output, so a review created with 'ccollab addsvndiffs' won't show them either.
    tillig
    New Contributor
    Thanks. I'll check to see if/why Subversion isn't reporting those differences. This has been pretty confusing to my users since merges and such go just fine, but when uploading diffs for code review, files sometimes aren't getting picked up.
    codyc
    Occasional Contributor
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

I briefly looked at 'svn diff' and didn't see a way to get it to output binary files in diffs.  Diff utilities often don't support binary diffs because their output is textual and meant to be somewhat human readable.  

You may have more luck with one of the following two methods for creating a review of a merge: 

For pre-commit reviews: 

1) Perform a merge into your working copy. 

2) Use 'addchanges' to create a review.  

Or, for post-commit reviews: 

1) Perform a merge. 

2) Commit the merge. 

3) Use 'addchangelist' to review the committed changes.