Forum Discussion

thouteki
New Contributor
13 years ago

Files missing within 'Review Materials' when adding visual studio projects files

Hi all,

I am currently evaluating CodeCollaborator but I am facing the following problem: when I add review material from my local system or from a shelf or change set, not all files being added are visible in the review material section using the browser client. After looking around I noticed that there is a StringIndexOutOfBoundsException thrown somewhere in the code.  Below you can find the stacktrace logged by tomcat.  Apparently there is some problem with parsing the lines of a file.  I had the problem with some .csproj files and AssemblyInfo.cs.  In the review materials I see the file that is probably causing problems.  All next files are not visible anymore.  The generated html is abrupt. When I make a new review and don't add the file causing the problem, more files are added to the Review Materials section.  Although a trail and error approach for adding required files to a review is not the desired way of working, I don't see any other solution right now.  Can somebody help me out?

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 25

at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)

at com.smartbear.filetypes.ParsePoint.substring(ParsePoint.java:54)

at com.smartbear.ccollab.TextLineCounterFactory$Differencer.getDiffs(TextLineCounterFactory.java:81)

at com.smartbear.linecount.StrictLinesCounter.count(StrictLinesCounter.java:26)

at com.smartbear.linecount.CachingTextLinesCounter$CacheableCountsFactory.createTargetObject(CachingTextLinesCounter.java:53)

at com.smartbear.linecount.CachingTextLinesCounter$CacheableCountsFactory.createTargetObject(CachingTextLinesCounter.java:40)

at com.smartbear.collections.LruCache$1.run(LruCache.java:190)

at com.smartbear.util.SimpleNamedLockService.withLock(SimpleNamedLockService.java:45)

at com.smartbear.collections.LruCache.get(LruCache.java:185)

at com.smartbear.linecount.CachingTextLinesCounter.count(CachingTextLinesCounter.java:92)

at com.smartbear.ccollab.datamodel.displaymodel.LogicalFileHistory.getMetrics(LogicalFileHistory.java:337)

at com.smartbear.ccollab.component.ReviewMaterials.printFileRowItems(ReviewMaterials.java:922)

at com.smartbear.ccollab.component.ReviewMaterials.printChangelistTable(ReviewMaterials.java:732)

at com.smartbear.ccollab.component.ReviewMaterials.emitChangelistsForScm(ReviewMaterials.java:485)

at com.smartbear.ccollab.component.ReviewMaterials.emitReviewChangelists(ReviewMaterials.java:392)

at com.smartbear.ccollab.component.ReviewMaterials.printReviewChangelists(ReviewMaterials.java:327)

at com.smartbear.ccollab.component.ReviewMaterials.emit(ReviewMaterials.java:306)

at com.smartbear.ccollab.webframework.Component.printAutoRefresh(Component.java:125)

at com.smartbear.ccollab.component.ReviewMaterials.printAutoRefresh(ReviewMaterials.java:262)

at com.smartbear.ccollab.controllers.ReviewDisplay.print(ReviewDisplay.java:269)

at com.smartbear.ccollab.webframework.HtmlPageController.printPage(HtmlPageController.java:244)

at com.smartbear.ccollab.webframework.HtmlPageController.emitResponse(HtmlPageController.java:212)

at com.smartbear.ccollab.webframework.ControllerServletBase.dispatchRequest(ControllerServletBase.java:211)

at com.smartbear.ccollab.webframework.ControllerServletBase.service(ControllerServletBase.java:102)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at com.smartbear.ccollab.CollabCleanupFilter.doFilter(CollabCleanupFilter.java:30)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:563)

at com.smartbear.ccollab.auth.CollabFormAuthenticator.invoke(CollabFormAuthenticator.java:199)

at com.smartbear.ccollab.auth.AuthTicketValve.invoke(AuthTicketValve.java:53)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:857)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

3 Replies

ebrown_1
    Occasional Contributor
    Thomas,

Can you create a review dump for us?  Click the System link at the bottom of the review page (if you don't have the link, your system isn't configured for users to create dumps, so have an admin do this for you), and create a system dump specifying to use just the data from the failing review.  Select to Include File Content so we have the data to reproduce this.  Send the dump file to support@codecollab.com

Thanks!

Eric
    thouteki
    New Contributor
    Hi Eric,

Sorry for the late response.  I'm not able to click on the link for review giving the problemen.  As said in my initial post, the generated html is just cutted.  I will send a mail to support with a screenshot and the generated html.

It is possible to create the dump when I navigate to the system screen via another (working) review.  If possible I will make a complete dump there and I will mention which review id failing.
    thouteki
    New Contributor
    Hi Eric,

Sorry for the late response.  I'm not able to click on the link for review giving the problemen.  As said in my initial post, the generated html is just cutted.  I will send a mail to support with a screenshot and the generated html.

It is possible to create the dump when I navigate to the system screen via another (working) review.  If possible I will make a complete dump there and I will mention which review id failing.