Forum Discussion

tedcurran
Occasional Visitor
8 years ago

Is it possible to run the same script at different URLs?

I am trying to use dejaclick to automate a repetitive task in a learning management system, and I need to be able to run one script on a variety of identical pages with different URLs. In other words, all the page designs are the same, and the script would perform the same actions each time, but the URLs of the pages it runs on would be different. Is there a way to change the starting URL in a script to a "wild card" like * so it can perform the same actions on any page?

1 Reply

SmartBearAmber
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

It might be possible via editing the script manually, but I would still suggest recording a separate script for each unique URL. There are a few reasons why I think that's the best option for you. First and foremost, editing the script manually means that it may not be supported if it should break or encounter issues going forward. It's also likely to be tedious (likely even more tedious than using DejaClick to record new scripts) as pagemarkers and resource locators on each individual page probably reference different URLs, and not just in the address bar. Lastly, you'll need to upload each script to a separate monitor regardless, so it shouldn't be a very time consuming or difficult process to record the script prior to creating your monitor.

I hope this helps.