Forum Discussion

jscorzelli
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Multiple Test Cases

Hello,   Can AlertSite run multiple test cases in one project? Or can it only run one test case at a time?   Thanks, Jonathan
    HKosova
    8 years ago

jscorzelli wrote:

I have a readyAPI project that requires two test cases be run, basically at the same time. What would be the best way to convert this into an AlertSite monitoring project? Could I have multiple AlertSite monitors for the same readyAPI project?

If I understand correctly, the best way is to combine the test cases into one test case.

You can have multiple AlertSite monitors for the same SoapUI project, each running a different test case, but the monitors and their run schedules are independent. Scheduling begins the moment you create/enable the monitor. For example, if you create a 20-minute monitor at 7 minutes past the hour, the monitor will run at (roughly) 7, 27 and 47 minutes past the hour. Setting up different monitors to run at the same time can be tricky.

jscorzelli wrote:

Can the soapUI test case that we convert into an AlertSite monitor call into another test case? 

No. Test cases with external dependencies (be that Excel files or other test cases) are not supported.