Forum Discussion

15 years ago

Installation Problem:The environment is broken

Hi,

I installed AQTime 6.30 on Windows 7 64bit with Visual Studio 2005 and 2008

Installation complets successfully.

But when I try to start VS2005 or VS2008 I get the message:

The environment is broken. The product cannot start.

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\AutomatedQA\AQTime\6.0. Error

Can not find Path.

How can I fix it?

4 Replies

• Hi Stefan,

Please run the stand-alone version of AQtime. On the first start, AQtime will create some required files. After that, you should be able to run Visual Studio with AQtime integrated into it without any problems.

We will try to fix this issue in the next update of the tool. Sorry for the inconvenience.

LilKamisen
    New Contributor
    Hi,

On Windows 7, with a non admin account I get the same error. I try to run the standalone version but cannot.

If I run the standalone version as an admin everything seems to work (for both versions). However my work account (non admin) always gets the same error message.

Can anyone help?

• Hi,

First of all, according to the "System Requirements" article, to work with AQtime, your account must have administrator permissions.

Besides that, please make sure that the 'C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\AutomatedQA\AQTime\6.0' folder exists. If you do not have the folder on you hard drive, try creating it manually. Does this help?
    LilKamisen
    New Contributor
    Hi,

For security reasons I cannot work with an admin account, but for installation purpose I have access to one.

Despise the fact that I created the path mentionned in the error message AQTime refuses to run on a non admin account.

I suppose this ends my trial period...

Thank you anyway!

Best regards,

L