Forum Discussion

d_dwyer
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Corrupt Project File

Hi

I am using AQtime5.45.488.86.

I have a project file that is 192MB in size.  AQtime can no longer load the file, I get the message "... is not a project file".

Does anyone know how I can restore this file so I am able to get access to it again?

Thanks

Dave

7 Replies

• Hi,

I would like to note here that we are working with David on this problem via e-mail. The project file was corrupted on saving and cannot be opened anymore. A way to avoid this problem in the future is to use the 'Use temporary file for project' option.
  • Hi,

I have encountered the same problem.

I would like to know if there is a way to recover the project,

thanks

• Hi Noga,

If the project is already corrupted, unfortunately, there is no way to recover it. Please use the Use temporary file for project option in future to avoid this problem.
    d_dwyer
    Occasional Contributor
    Well I have been using the temporary project file option and when the file I am using gets to approximately 192MB the temporary project file gets trashed and all the results are gone!

It looks like I have to save and exit after each run, this is completely unacceptable! alternatively export the results each time they are generated, again unacceptable

1. Where is the temporary project file kept?

2. Can I open it anywhere?

3. Why is it not possible to recover a corrupted file

Please resolve this issue

• Hi David,

You are right: currently the actual project file is updated when the project is closed. We will consider updating the actual project file when a project is saved from AQtime in one of the future updates. Thank you for your request.

1. Where is the temporary project file kept?
    The file is located in the c:\Users\<USER_ACCOUNT>\AppData\Local\Temp\ folder. The file has the aqbXXXX.tmp name where XXXX is a set of random characters.

2. Can I open it anywhere?
    You can find this temporary file, change its extension to '.aqt' and open it with AQtime.

3. Why is it not possible to recover a corrupted file
    This is a binary file and there is no way to recover it if its structure is broken.
    d_dwyer
    Occasional Contributor
    Is there currently a size limitation on the results file?  It seems that the corruptions only occur when the files reach approximately 190MB

Would it be possible to investigate why the corruption occurs during a save, currently it has happened to me when saving a file directly and when saving using the temporary file option

• Hi David,

There is no specific limitation for the file size. It depends on the results stored in the file and the amount of available memory. We will think about starting to store results in individual files in one of future updates to avoid problems with high memory consumption.

Please note that, using the current version of AQtime, you already can store results in individual files. To save results to a file, right-click the results set in the Report panel and select the 'Save to File...' item from the context menu. To load results from a file, select the 'Load From File...' menu item.