Forum Discussion

technigirl74
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Tests fail when run using Test Runner, but not manually

HI all,

I'm pretty new to SoapUI, so I may be completely missing something, but I have a Testsuite that works when I run it "manually"  (i.e. I push the green arrow in the testsuite itself).  However, when I "Launch Test Runner" in the GUI and attempt to run it that way, the test fails - returns http 404 instead of http 200.  Any idea how this could happen?  I really haven't messed with the settings in the Test Runner GUI much.  I thought it would just run my tests the same as if I were pressing the green arrow Run button manually.

Thanks!!

• "I really haven't messed with the settings in the Test Runner GUI much."

Just wondering if your SoapUI window (from where you launch using green arrow)  is using an environment? When I first bring up  test runner  and click the Overrides tab, I have to manually set the "Environment."

Also be sure the "Basic" window selections for "TestSuite" and "TestCase" are correct.

Bill

4 Replies

• "I really haven't messed with the settings in the Test Runner GUI much."

Just wondering if your SoapUI window (from where you launch using green arrow)  is using an environment? When I first bring up  test runner  and click the Overrides tab, I have to manually set the "Environment."

Also be sure the "Basic" window selections for "TestSuite" and "TestCase" are correct.

Bill

nmrao
      Champion Level 3
      In the test results, request and responses are saved on test failure. Please compare those with manual and see what is missing.
    sanj
    Super Contributor

Ensure that environments match

You can create different environments and set them as you sit fit.

I dont know why you are manually overiding it.

This could be the problem

technigirl74
    Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses, they were really helpful.  It turned out that one of my project variables got overridden (I don't remember entering this variable, so I'm not quite sure how it got in there).  Once I corrected that, everything ran OK in test runner.