Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Res] DB Connection string is not updated when changing env

charsnonumber
New Contributor

[Res] DB Connection string is not updated when changing env

Hi,

I'm running 4.5.2 (PRO) on Windows 7 PC.

There is a problem when switchning between environments. The DataBase (DB2) connections are not changed.
The user must run each test step that contains database request first once as a test step to make the right connection.
This problem was actually solved in "soapUI Pro 4.5.1-NB-SNAPSHOT", but has come back.

In my case I have the DataBase access in a test case that the main test case access by use of "Run TestCase" test step,
but I don't think this makes any differense.

If I use the 4.5.1-NB-SNAPSHOT this work fine when using the GUI.
But, I also need to run, using schtasks, testrunner.bat. That is to run tests at certain times during night.
In this case, not even 4.5.1-NB-SNAPSHOT woks ok. There the fix doesn't work, problem remains. I use the -E switch to select environment.

Hope you can help me with this!

Best Regards
Anders D.
Sweden

Ps. when I run 4.5.1-NB-SNAPSHOT and got the offer to upgraede to 4.5.2, there was a popup that was a pop-up that should describe the changes, but it just said something like: no information available. Ds.
Pps. I have a PRO, registered in a group, whith owner: Anna Reimer, Bankgirocentralen BGC AB. Dds.
17 REPLIES 17
SiKing
Community Expert

Re: DB Connection string is not updated when changing env

This is a known issue. I personally submitted this as a defect, SmartBear acknowledged it, it's a low priority. If you have the -Pro license, contact them to vote it up.

The workaround that I use is to place the db server into a Project property, and then modify my connect string to look something like:
jdbc:mysql://${#Project#dbServer}:3306/schema
You can then modify the variable dbServer for each of your environments.

HTH
charsnonumber
New Contributor

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion, I will try that, It's probably a good working solution.
I also believe I can solve it by making the accesss (in some way) from groovy.

As I'm here at a consultant basis and the licenses are bought as a bunch, it is not obvious how to register as a PRO user. But I will.

As you probably also know the defect was partly solved in the previous snapshot release, so I can't see why it wasn't included in the 4.5.2 release.

Best Regards
A.
SiKing
Community Expert

charsnonumber wrote:
As you probably also know the defect was partly solved in the previous snapshot release, so I can't see why it wasn't included in the 4.5.2 release.

What? Where? I did not see anything.
SagarArcher
New Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Has there beeen any update on this? I continue to face the same issue in the latest SOAP UI Pro version - 4.6.0.
This seems to be working on the SOAP UI Pro 4.5.2m SNAPSHOT version though.

Regards,
Sagar
MarcusJ

This is a known issue. I personally submitted this as a defect, SmartBear acknowledged it, it's a low priority. If you have the -Pro license, contact them to vote it up.

Siking,

Did you receive the defect number for this?

@SagarArcher the latest version is SoapUI 4.6.1, are you able to reproduce this problem using latest version?

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
SiKing
Community Expert

mrJames wrote:
Did you receive the defect number for this?

The SmartBear support is not very good at sending back jira numbers ... and I heard you guys upgraded your jira to boot. I only have an email tracking number, and I do not know how useful that is: HKY-823-33367
MarcusJ

Thanks for the ticket number.

Defect number SOAP-15 is being used to track this.

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️

Just checked and this functionality works just fine in SoapUI Pro v4.6.1. Just make sure you have the configuration set correctly:

1. In Project > JDBC Connection tab; define a JDBC connection. e.g. let's call it "SUI_JDBC_Conn"
2. Now in Project > Environments tab, click on each environment and 'JDBC Connection' subtab. Change the connection details there.

After the above config, changing environments changed the credentials in my case. Please confirm if that doesn't work for you. And if so, can you please attach the screenshots:
- Project > JDBC Connection tab
- Project > Environments tab > 'JDBC Connection' subtab; per environment

Thanks,
Michael Giller
SmartBear Software

SiKing
Community Expert

seems to be OK
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors