Forum Discussion

sathyakathir
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Not able to load DataSource properties from Excel on latest READY! API1.9.0 .

Hi,

I am using the latest SOAPUI 1.9.0 and its not working as expected. 

Not able to load properties for Data Source from Excel.

There is no longer tabbed browsing. 

Please tell me when this will be fixed?

Thanks,

Sathya

• While I can't help with the DataSource issue, I believe the tabbed interface can be returned with a setting, from the release notes:

"By default, SoapUI NG now uses the single panel layout instead of showing tabs. You can see the edited test suite, test case, test step or other item in the Navigator panel on the left. To restore the former behavior, use the Preferences > UI > Workspace type setting. "

12 Replies

Radford
    Super Contributor

While I can't help with the DataSource issue, I believe the tabbed interface can be returned with a setting, from the release notes:

"By default, SoapUI NG now uses the single panel layout instead of showing tabs. You can see the edited test suite, test case, test step or other item in the Navigator panel on the left. To restore the former behavior, use the Preferences > UI > Workspace type setting. "

SmartBearAmber
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

I just successfully loaded properties into a DataSource Test Step from an Excel Spreadsheet using Ready! API 1.9.0.

Are you receiving an error? What is the exact behavior you are experiencing?

sathyakathir
      Occasional Contributor

Hiya,

I used import properties from Excel button and I choose the excel file and give the worksheet details but nothing gets filled. No error message also. I have attached the screenshot.

Thanks,
      Sathya

dpillard
      Occasional Visitor

I just did the upgrade to 1.9 and I’m no longer able to get test cases into our test environment.  ReadyAPI acts like it is running with no errors, but the records are not making it.  I had a co-worker who didn’t upgrade and he is able to get records into our test environment. 

On the DataSource th only difference I can see is that quotes appear to be added to my records, but my coworkers record don’t show the quotes in his version.   Attached file show screen shots.

df5768

I"m seeing similar issue but it's when using Plain Parameters at the method level pulling data from an excel datasource, then in the body of the rest request using the plain parameters.  Only some of the value are being loaded.  If I update the body to pull directly from the Datasource then everything is working fine.  I use the plain parameters  a lot so I'm having to go through and update the body of the json request which is a bit of a pain.