Forum Discussion

richie
Community Hero
4 years ago
Solved

Inline Scripting - need to add X hours to specific datetime value?

Hey!

So- - new job (finally!) and I've got a payload that I need to handle with a bit of datetime inline scripting.

SO! - I have 2 fields in the payload with values with the formats as below:

<OccurrenceDateTime>CCYY-MM-DDTHH:mm:ss</OccurrenceDateTime>

<ReturnDateTime>CCYY-MM-DDTHH:mm:ss</ReturnDateTime>

The ReturnDateTime value needs to be X number of hours AFTER the OccurenceDateTime tag value (as it's a return journey), BUT, I also need to be able to specify OccurenceDateTime as currentdatetime plus/minus X hours

My easiest recourse is to use a bit of inline scripting so I tried altering the following options:

${=new java.text.SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss").format(new Date())}

OR

${=import java.text.SimpleDateFormat; Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance(); cal.add(Calendar.DATE, -0); new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss").format(cal.getTime());}

I tried various edits around the following bit (to add and subtract X hours)

(cal.getTime())

but none of my edits worked - I tried just adding in +6 into the getTime method - but that didn't work - I tried a couple of other things - but that didnt work

I can add or minus time from a value in a groovy script, but that's when I'm working with a variable - I cant seem to manage adding/minusing hours using the inline scripting parameterisation using the above inline scripting items as a template.

Can anyone help out please?

Much appreciated! 🙂

Rich

• Hey!

I found what i was looking for in link

so if anyone else is looking you can use the following to plus/minus hours and days to current date

CURRENT DATE
    ${=import java.text.SimpleDateFormat; Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance(); cal.add(Calendar.DATE, -0); new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss").format(cal.getTime());}

CURRENT DATE MINUS 2 DAYS FROM CURRENT DATETIME
    ${=import java.text.SimpleDateFormat; Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance(); cal.add(Calendar.DATE, -2); new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss").format(cal.getTime());}

CURRENT DATE PLUS 4 DAYS FROM CURRENT DATETIME
    ${=import java.text.SimpleDateFormat; Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance(); cal.add(Calendar.DATE, +4); new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss").format(cal.getTime());}

MINUS 8 HOURS FROM CURRENT DATETIME
    ${=import java.text.SimpleDateFormat; Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance(); cal.add(Calendar.HOUR_OF_DAY, -8); new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss").format(cal.getTime());}

ADD 7 HOURS FROM CURRENT DATETIME
    ${=import java.text.SimpleDateFormat; Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance(); cal.add(Calendar.HOUR_OF_DAY, +7); new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss").format(cal.getTime());}

so I'm marking this as fixed!

UPDATE:

Oh just an update - if you want to add say more than one day - e.g. one and a half days - you can either just add the same number of hours (1.5 days = 36hours) as follows:

${=import java.text.SimpleDateFormat; Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance(); cal.add(Calendar.HOUR_OF_DAY, +36); new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss").format(cal.getTime());}

OR - you can add in a separate cal.add() method as well - so the above has the cal.add(Calendar.HOUR_OF_DAY, +36) - but you can add in the cal.add(Calendar.DATE) method as well so it reads as follows:

${=import java.text.SimpleDateFormat; Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance(); cal.add(Calendar.DATE, +1); cal.add(Calendar.HOUR_OF_DAY, +12); new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss").format(cal.getTime());}

I hope I've been clear!

Thanks,

Rich

1 Reply

richie
    Community Hero

Hey!

I found what i was looking for in link

so if anyone else is looking you can use the following to plus/minus hours and days to current date

CURRENT DATE

CURRENT DATE MINUS 2 DAYS FROM CURRENT DATETIME
    ${=import java.text.SimpleDateFormat; Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance(); cal.add(Calendar.DATE, -2); new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss").format(cal.getTime());}

CURRENT DATE PLUS 4 DAYS FROM CURRENT DATETIME
    ${=import java.text.SimpleDateFormat; Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance(); cal.add(Calendar.DATE, +4); new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss").format(cal.getTime());}

MINUS 8 HOURS FROM CURRENT DATETIME
    ${=import java.text.SimpleDateFormat; Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance(); cal.add(Calendar.HOUR_OF_DAY, -8); new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss").format(cal.getTime());}

ADD 7 HOURS FROM CURRENT DATETIME
    ${=import java.text.SimpleDateFormat; Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance(); cal.add(Calendar.HOUR_OF_DAY, +7); new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss").format(cal.getTime());}

so I'm marking this as fixed!

UPDATE:

Oh just an update - if you want to add say more than one day - e.g. one and a half days - you can either just add the same number of hours (1.5 days = 36hours) as follows:

${=import java.text.SimpleDateFormat; Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance(); cal.add(Calendar.HOUR_OF_DAY, +36); new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss").format(cal.getTime());}

OR - you can add in a separate cal.add() method as well - so the above has the cal.add(Calendar.HOUR_OF_DAY, +36) - but you can add in the cal.add(Calendar.DATE) method as well so it reads as follows:

${=import java.text.SimpleDateFormat; Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance(); cal.add(Calendar.DATE, +1); cal.add(Calendar.HOUR_OF_DAY, +12); new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss").format(cal.getTime());}

I hope I've been clear!

Thanks,

Rich