Forum Discussion

kingsmartbear
Contributor
7 years ago

How SoapUI Pro or Ready API differentiate multiple versions of MySQL driver?

Hi Folks:

I got following same issue both from SoapUI Pro and Ready API when I tried to connect to MySQL:

Error : java.sql.SQLExecution: Access denied for user 'xyz' @ 123.234.012.111' (using password: YES)

I placed mysql-connector-java-5.0.8-bin.jar and mysql-connector-java-5.1.43-bin.jar both in folders ..\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-2.1.0\bin\ext and ..\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-2.1.0\lib. I was wondering how SoapUI Pro or Ready API differentiate which version of MySQL driver works when start application?

I was using same credential with MySQL workbench and it works fine.

Thanks,

1 Reply

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    You need to place the right library file under READYAPI_HOME/bin/ext directory and remove the rest of the files from both the places.

READYAPI_HOME/lib directory is for the libraries provided by SmartBear with ready api.

It is best practise to place the user libraries under READYAPI_HOME/bin/ext directory, so that it is very is easy to identify what extra libraries you are using and avoid confusion later for you and also easy to replicate the same environment for your colleagues.

Regarding multiple versions, jvm loads the file which ever comes first and no order in particular. Better to have only the needed / right file and avoid multiple versions of the same library.