Forum Discussion

vissie1983
New Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Excel formulas vs data source

Hi guys/Girls

I have this issue where I want to create different / random data in excel and then use it as a datasource. However I wrote formulas in excel to supply me with the random data. If I change anything in the spreadsheet then the data change which is wonderfull and the formulas works.

However if I use the spreadsheet as a datasouce it does not refresh the spreadsheet and it stays with the same data which makes that I must mannually open the excel sheet to refresh it. My excel settings is set to automatic recalc/refresh if anything has change so I think excel is doing its job.

Is there a setting in ReadyAPI that can refresh excel spreadsheet so that I can get random data once I kick off my test suite? 

I am not a developer and groovy scripting is a bit french to me and everything looks so cool in die videos useing excel but when it comes to random data it looks like it is not possible to handle it from excel point of view.

Please see spread sheet with formulas and the random data it gets from spreadsheet two.  

Olga_T
    5 years ago

Hi vissie1983 ,

I have contacted our Customer Care team, and they said that enabling the Restart on Run option may help. Could you please try this and let us know your results?

Thanks,

4 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Try saving the data as .csv (comma separated file) and use that instead of excel file and if that helps.
      vissie1983
      New Contributor

unfortunatly you can't save the formulas in csv. But csv sorted out other issues I have.

Olga_T
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi vissie1983 ,

I have contacted our Customer Care team, and they said that enabling the Restart on Run option may help. Could you please try this and let us know your results?

Thanks,