cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i get the SUM of two or more properties which i declared at the test suite level

chathud
New Contributor

Can i get the SUM of two or more properties which i declared at the test suite level

8 REPLIES 8
nmrao
Community Hero

Re: Can i get the SUM of two or more properties which i declared at the test suite level

Never tried though, see '+'  operator helps

Regards,
Rao.
chathud
New Contributor

Re: Can i get the SUM of two or more properties which i declared at the test suite level

I tryed mate.

But no luck.6-29-2016 11-48-17 AM.png

nmrao
Community Hero

May be you need to go with Script Assertion?

Regards,
Rao.
gilugopi
Contributor

This might just work for you. But this kind of property expansion could get pretty messy from a readability standpoint. 

${=new BigDecimal(${#TestSuite#PreventiveCount}).plus(new BigDecimal(${#TestSuite#ReactiveCount}))}

Good Luck!

Gilu Gopi

JKambli
Staff

Add a script assertion, convert those values to integer, add them and then do assert in script assertion for validation,

https://www.soapui.org/functional-testing/validating-messages/using-script-assertions.html

Thanks

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
gilugopi
Contributor

@JKambli, agree with you completely. A script assertion is what I would normally do. As this question seemed to be looking for a property expansion sort of solution, suggest one. 

chathud
New Contributor

Wow , i never thought of something like this.

I will try and let you  know

chathud
New Contributor

Ooh my goodness, 

This is working perfect.

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors