bo_roop
Contributor
7 years ago
New Idea

Turn off completely object recognition hints

I would love a way to go back to the old versions of TestComplete where that object recognition hint stuff wasn't present.

I have never seen this be helpful; it's only caused problems for us when running tests. The objects are either gone because a window closed and TestComplete doesn't recognize that or TestComplete tries to find a control and takes 3-15 minutes to finish the hint and click the button.

I want a way to shut this feature off completely.

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

You can turn off the object recognition hint for mapped objects already.  It needs to be done on an object by object basis, but this already exists.

However, while I understand that "it used to work", one of the things that recent versions of TestComplete has done has been to actually improve object recognition... which means that, if the object doesn't exist but something SIMILAR does, it lets you know and tries to proceed.  What that hint indicates is that, as you already noted, something changed in the application that you need to account for in your automation by including appropriate "wait" or detection logic.

xuanphuoc2411
    Occasional Contributor

I totally agree with bo_roop. We are using "WaitProperty" action with "Exists" property to make sure that that popup/window/control disappeared. But sometimes, we must be received "object recognition hints" warning. We considered changing to use the "wait alias child" with "Exists" property but the performance of action "WaitAliasChild" is slower than "WaitProperty"