xpriens
New Contributor
10 years ago
New Idea

Read/Write to multiple files Excel/DB

As of now, one feature i find lacking is Reading/Writing to Excel via TestComplete.

This feature is very much required for automation, specially when you plan to create your own frameworks and want to drive automation via Excel.

Also, it'll be more handy to load a single Excel file, and at runtime have provision to access different sheets for reading/writing data into + able to work with multiple excel files.

xpriens
    New Contributor
    HKosova I am aware of excel COM objects. Using it with scripts is fine, but i was looking for an inbuilt option (similar to what UFT has).

As of today, I can read data from excel/db using Project Variables or DDT driver, but this does not allow two way communications - and this is the problem statement i am referring to :). These are good options and inbuilt within TC, but support one way handling and DDT sometimes gives issues with multiple excel file. Having an inbuilt metgod will ease the work and can e used intelligently (say similar to stores, we can have testdata store) :D
    mgroen2
    Super Contributor

HKosova having this inbuilt method xpriens is referring to would ideally be easy accessable for non scripting testers, so easy to use in Keyword driven testing.