samuel_perez
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
New Idea

Ready API / ServiceV - floating license check interval

Ready API / ServiceV - floating license check interval, currently when using ServiceV and a floating license there is no way configure or control the time interval that serviceV checks for a valid license.  Currently my license server is outside of my local network and behind a FW so i need to connect via a VPN, depending on my location i may need to disconnect from the VPN/license server for a short while, however i am forced to close readyAPI since it will check for a license not find one and force me to close down the project.  

3 Comments

markgholland
    Occasional Contributor

To expand on this enhancement request... like the initial requester, our license server is on my company's local network. We have several remote employees utilizing the floating licenses and when the VPN disconnects, we are forced to close ReadyAPI/SoapUI NG Pro and re-open. It would be GREAT if there was an option to "Retry" a license lock on the dialog that appears that reads(paraphrased), "No licenses found, would you like to install a license?"

• Agreed with both the OP and markgholland. This is a very big inconvenience especially as it forces you to exit. I would very much be in support of some sort of "retry" logic.

• The retry logic would allow us to keep Ready API up and running all while docking and undocking from meeting to meeting.  This would be a huge time saver.

samuel_perez wrote:

Ready API / ServiceV - floating license check interval, currently when using ServiceV and a floating license there is no way configure or control the time interval that serviceV checks for a valid license.  Currently my license server is outside of my local network and behind a FW so i need to connect via a VPN, depending on my location i may need to disconnect from the VPN/license server for a short while, however i am forced to close readyAPI since it will check for a license not find one and force me to close down the project.