marisette
8 years ago
New Idea

Suppress e-mails to authors until review is created

I've been tasked with creating "catch-up" reviews in transitioning from an old process to a new process. I have been building reviews by adding one or two revisions at a time, then seeing what the effect is on the total file count, and then possibly removing one of those revisions. I end up getting panicked e-mails from authors wondering why their code is going into review when they are not ready for it yet, usually after I've already removed the revision their code was in after realizing that revision included files that weren't slated for review yet. I'd like to delay notification of authors until I indicate that the review is ready to go.

MrDubya
    Occasional Contributor

Are the reviewers getting notifications while the review is in the planning phase?  If so then I agree that should change.  I didn't think reviewers got notifications until the review went into the annotating or inspection phase (by clicking the Annotate Review / Begin Review buttons)?

MrDubya
    Occasional Contributor

Oh wait to authors, never mind.  For authors I am not sure if I disagree with them getting notifications in the planning phase.

• I guess then I'm asking for a pre-planning phase, or a "what-if" phase.

MrDubya
    Occasional Contributor

Do you know what notification template is used when the authors are notified when files are uploaded to the review in the planning phase?  I couldn't find anything that specific.  It could possibly be implemented by adding a notification template for that specific thing (and then you could simply disable that template) - or I think there was another request on this forum for more specific notification options.