Forum Discussion

KayChamberlain
New Contributor
3 years ago

Zephyr Squad BDD - Adding a scenario fails because 'Description' is required

Hi I just starting out using the BDD feature in Zephyr Squad but when I try to enter the a scenario I get a pop up error message saying:

{"description":"Description is required"}

I've read that a feature is a "Story" type issue and a scenario is a "test" type issue but in our project "Description" is set as a required field for both stories and tests, but I don't know how to show the description field to be able to populate it for the "scenario".

Any help resolving this would be most greatly appreciated.

TIA

Kay

Note : Description is displayed for the main story/feature

• Hello KayChamberlain ,

The mandatory field UI in the scenario section is yet to be implemented. As a workaround you can do following:

1. Create the BDD feature.
    2. Create a test case from the Create a Test menu option or from the Create button at the top header.
    3. Add label BDD_Scenario to the test case.
    4. Link the test case using the issue link relates to to the BDD feature.

• Hello KayChamberlain ,

The mandatory field UI in the scenario section is yet to be implemented. As a workaround you can do following:

1. Create the BDD feature.
    2. Create a test case from the Create a Test menu option or from the Create button at the top header.
    3. Add label BDD_Scenario to the test case.
    4. Link the test case using the issue link relates to to the BDD feature.

• thankyou sanjeevpande, that has worked !!
    Do you know when/if it will be implemented as it is a little bit annoying that you cant just use it as one would expect without having to faff around creating new issue and linking it..?

sanjeevpande
      Staff

Hello KayChamberlain ,

Glad to know that it worked. Can't provide you an ETA now, but this is something we already are aware about. So, I will let you know here once it get planned. Hope that is fine.

KayChamberlain
        New Contributor

Thankyou, my team will look forward to an update and hopefully it will be soon !

Is there a way to help raise the priority of this requirement?

Thanks again

Kay

VladBond
    Occasional Visitor

Hello,

I hope you’re doing well. We are currently facing the same issue.

In our project, we have multiple fields that are set as mandatory for both stories and test cases, which prevents us from proceeding. We are aware of the suggested workaround involving linking test cases with the BDD feature via the label BDD_Scenario, but this is not a sustainable solution for our workflow. 

This issue is currently blocking our team from fully utilizing Zephyr Squad for our BDD processes. Could you provide an update on when this functionality will be implemented, or if there is an alternate solution available?

Thank you in advance for your help.