Forum Discussion

PanaFlorinIonut
New Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Test library list

Hello. I work on a project and it has Zephyr scale for managing the test. 

There are many test and for some reason when they are exported to excel, it take a long time and the connection times out or for some other reason the task is not completed.

Now I am ask to create under the Raport -> Test library a section as Test cases(list). (For example I attached a printscreen from test library which does not have a test cases(list) and from test execution where there is Test execution results(list)

Or if is another way to get those reports it would be ok too.

• I would contact your internal IT team about your timeout issue as I can see you're on the Server version of Scale.  If they can't help, I would contact SmartBear support for guidance, here: Support Portal

Regarding the report, what you're trying to achieve is possible using the built-in reports and the filter options.  Here's some general reporting information to give an idea of what's possible:

1. Report name

2. Enter your project name

3. Choose Custom Query (the most powerful filter option there is)

4. Many uses here but I've shown two I'm using: excluding tests that contain specific labels, and

5. Excluding test cases contained in a specific folder (and...

6. ... Clicking this option ensures that all test cases within sub-folders are also checked)

7. Excluding results from a specific test cycle

8. Showing results from a specific test plan, e.g. UAT

9. Showing results where the test execution result is either In Progress, Blocked, Not Executed, Re-Validate, or Fail

These are just some of the options available to you and by combining them you can filter your report to show the tests cases you need.

2 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

I would contact your internal IT team about your timeout issue as I can see you're on the Server version of Scale.  If they can't help, I would contact SmartBear support for guidance, here: Support Portal

Regarding the report, what you're trying to achieve is possible using the built-in reports and the filter options.  Here's some general reporting information to give an idea of what's possible:

1. Report name

2. Enter your project name

3. Choose Custom Query (the most powerful filter option there is)

4. Many uses here but I've shown two I'm using: excluding tests that contain specific labels, and

5. Excluding test cases contained in a specific folder (and...

6. ... Clicking this option ensures that all test cases within sub-folders are also checked)

7. Excluding results from a specific test cycle

8. Showing results from a specific test plan, e.g. UAT

9. Showing results where the test execution result is either In Progress, Blocked, Not Executed, Re-Validate, or Fail

These are just some of the options available to you and by combining them you can filter your report to show the tests cases you need.