Forum Discussion

jmilewski
New Contributor
2 months ago

Filter Test Cases By Execution Results

I attempted to see if this question had been answered before, but I didn't see it. 

Is it possible from the Test Cases tab (not reports) to filter test cases based on their execution state? I'm aware that I can sort them by last execution, but I would prefer to filter down to just a specific execution state so that I can bulk edit them.

The specific use case is this: I'd like to identify all tests that have been created but never executed and archive them. These are likely tests that were imported when we moved to Zephyr and have little value other than cluttering up our test case list. 

A secondary use case is this: I would occasionally like to narrow down to only test cases that failed the last time they were run. We could potentially build a test suite based on these failures to see if they were indirectly solved at some point in the future. 

• Short answer is no.

The filtering at a test case and test cycle level isn't great outside of the basics. There is an option to filter by "Status" but this is only Approved/Draft/Deprecated. And unless you are actively managing all your tests every time then this will be of no benefit.

We are the same where teams are importing from our old tool and it will get to this point where they will want to remove invalid items.

You could raise a feature request or a support item to see if the Zephyr team could help.

2 Replies

duck-tester
    Occasional Contributor

Short answer is no.

The filtering at a test case and test cycle level isn't great outside of the basics. There is an option to filter by "Status" but this is only Approved/Draft/Deprecated. And unless you are actively managing all your tests every time then this will be of no benefit.

We are the same where teams are importing from our old tool and it will get to this point where they will want to remove invalid items.

You could raise a feature request or a support item to see if the Zephyr team could help.