Forum Discussion

mcairns
New Contributor
5 hours ago

Changes to Zephyr Scale Test Cases

As well as the view changing in Zephyr Scale, when multiple steps are added at once to a test case via the plus sign on the previous step, it is impossible to type in the Step description box beyond the first step, unless all steps are deleted and added once more one by one. Also, when initially clicking on Step description box after the first step added is entered and filled in, Step has to be clicked twice as it enters an autosave mode and deselects the box. Also, it is not immediately apparent how to switch step order as the arrows are greyed out unless the step order number is hovered over specifically. The last is a matter of personal preference, but the other issues seem to be genuine bugs. Attached below is a video depicting what I'm experiencing.

Thank you,

A flummoxed QA

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi.  Thanks for uploading the video.  I followed the steps you made and I don't get the same behaviour - the functionality works as you would expect without any issue.  I'm guessing then that it's something to do with your browser or its settings and it's conflicting with the autosave feature.  I'm using Edge and it's on the latest release.  I'd suggest trying another browser or disabling extensions to try and narrow down the issue, but you might just want to contact SmartBear support - they are usually quick to respond.  You can reach them at the link below.  I'd be interested to hear what the issue was if you'd like to share!

SmartBear Support

mcairns
      New Contributor

Thank you for the response and guidance! I will likely be opening an issue with them as I tried again within Microsoft Edge (I was using Chrome) and ran into the same problem.