Forum Discussion

tender82
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago

Backspace in Test Script Steps Automatically Removes Space After Previous Word

Hi guys,

In the test script steps, I'm having a weird issue where the text editor isn't respecting the backspace as it should.

Repro:

1. Type the word 'hello'
  2. Type a space
  3. Type the word 'world'
  4. Hit backspace until you get to the 'w' and notice it works fine
  5. Hit backspace one more time to get rid of the 'w' and notice that it backspaces the space between 'hello world' as well, positioning the cursor after the 'o' in 'hello'

This is super frustrating.

I noticed that it doesn't do this in the 'objective' or 'precondition' in the details page.

Any chance that this could be fixed?

3 Replies

simpsonj
    New Contributor

tender82- any chance you found a work around or that this was resolved? Our Zephyr instance does the same thing. Most of our team has accepted the issue, but it would save lots of frustration. 

We noticed this issue on Chrome and Edge and in any Zephyr text editor field. Our team also moved from Jira Server to Cloud recently, the backspace issue was seen on both instances. 

tender82
    Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately, I am still seeing the issue and haven't heard of any fixes or workarounds yet. It's a bummer as this has been around since at least Mar '22. SmartBear, any chance we can get this fixed?

simpsonj
      New Contributor

I submitted a support request and will keep you posted on the progress. Thanks for the initial post, it was helpful to include in the request.