Forum Discussion

syamkachery
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago

Reports - Filter by Folder

we're using zephyr cloud version and not able to generate reports filter by folder. attached screenshots. 

MisterB 

6 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

It's hard to tell what the exact issue is from your cropped screenshots, but I'll take a guess and say that the report filter is not set to report on subfolders.  In the filter line where you have chosen the folder, look to the right and click on the folder button to activate the subfolders option.

syamkachery
      Occasional Contributor

i have tried selecting the subfolders , but the generate button has not enabled. 

same way i have tried giving the entire folder name , no luck with that either. 

please see the attached. 

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Thank you for providing more detail.  I now understand. When you said generate I thought you were using it as a verb, but I can see that the button is greyed out.  I'm assuming it's a permissions issue that you can fix by going to Project Settings > Apps > Zephyr Scale > Reports > and changing the settings there.

If that doesn't help then I think you will need to contact SmartBear support here.

MisterB
      Champion Level 3

I don't use the permissions set and keep all my projects open, so haven't actually played around with those settings, but from a glance they look fine.  You can discount if it's a permissions issue if you can successfully run another report.

Normally the generate button will grey out if the report parameters are not correct, but again, everything seems to look fine.

I think you'll have to contact SmartBear support.  If you find the answer it would be great if you could share with the community! 🙂

SmartBear Support