Forum Discussion

jaxjeanne64
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

With Windows 7 Region.compare functionality throws error

I have recently updated my OS from Vista to Windows 7. I had to update all of my images obviously due to the changes in display. The update works properly and all of my images were updated. However, When windows are compared that have buttons , say for using Save As or Confirming actions the buttons never compare correctly. In my compare results the window matches fine but the buttons are all red. I have attached the images being compared. I have found that I can use tolerance to allow for differences in pixels but this does not seem to help very much and have over 1000 images spread over 5 different Virtual machines. So my question is this.... Is there a way or paramaters that I can change that will allows for this difference created by the highlighted area on Windows y buttons??

1 Reply

AlexeyK
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Jacqueline,

Windows changes the button gradient a little when the mouse cursor is over the button. Perhaps, this causes differences. Please check whether the mouse cursor is over or off the button. There can also be other reasons, like the OS color scheme or color depth. Please see Factors Affecting Image Comparison in TestComplete help.

To exclude the problematic regions from the comparison, you can fill them with some color considered "transparent" or create masks.

See Comparing and Finding Images - Specific Tasks.