Forum Discussion

sriguda
Frequent Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Windows schedular fails launching Test Execute

Hi,

I have installed Test Execute 12.10.... on Windows 10 machine.

I am able to access scripts on this machine saved on Network drive.

I am able to trigger Test Execute and run the scripts manually .

I have set up a schedular, it triggeres but fails to run. The operational code says Launcg Failure Event Id; 203 and 101.

On the Action pan of schedualar, In program /Script, the command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 12\Bin\TestExecute.exe"

In Add arguments, the command: "\\file02\Development\TestComplete_12\ProductionScripts\Prod_Tracking.pjs" /r /p:ezVerify_Login_Verfication /e /SilentMode

In the Action, I chose, Start a program.

On Generl tab Configure For: I tried with all of the following:

Windows 10

Windows 7, Windows server 2008 R2

wINDOWS vISTA, wINDOWS sERVER 2008.

The task triggers but fails to launch the program.

Please suggest

• Again, probably has EVERYTHING to do with user privilege.  However, in Windows Server 2012 R2 (I have an instance up in front of me right now), there's not exactly a "Store" feature. So, that particular option probably doesn't really impact a Windows Server 2012 machine.

Just as a note for everyone watching this thread, this is documented in the TestExecute help:

General Options Dialog

• With the Windows Store applications support enabled, TestExecute stops supporting several test features you may want to use:
      • Automating TestExecute via COM (to do this, you need to configure your application in a certain manner).

• Running tests in Connected and Self-Testing Applications (the applications will not be able to connect to TestExecute).

• You may also experience problems with various tools that launch TestExecute via COM or command line.

12 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

The 101 code indicates that the user needs to be logged on for the task to run.

When the scheduler fails, is there a logged in user with an active desktop session?  If not, then it will not run.

sriguda
      Frequent Contributor

I am remotely connected to this virtual machine and i am logged on to that machine with actually on that remote desktop screen and try to run the schedular. It is triggering but doesn't launch.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Is TestExecute already running in the SysTray?  It's been a while since I've set up this sort of environment but I seem to remember that, if TE is already in SysTray, then certain processes via Scheduler won't run.