Forum Discussion

gdave
Regular Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Windows Destroyed

Hi all

I am trying to perform a 'click' function on a sun menu item however get the following error message:

"The window was destroyed during method execution.  "

The window with the handle 0x0026071c does not exist. Most likely, this error occurred because the tested object (window or control) or its parent object was deleted or recreated during the method call or before it. For instance, the window could be destroyed or recreated after you stored the object reference to a variable and before you called the object method through this variable. If the object is recreated, then to avoid the error, check the object's Exists property before calling the method, and if the object does not exist, obtain a reference to the new object. Tested object: Aliases.TransactConsole.Edit.menuitemFindCtrlF (Sys.Process('TransactConsole').UIAObject('Edit').MenuItem('Find... Ctrl-F'))

The window with the handle 0x0026071c does not exist.

I tried putting in 'Delay' operation however of no joy. Andy advise ? Thanks

• gdavewrote:

Hi all

I am trying to perform a 'click' function on a sun menu item however get the following error message:

The window with the handle 0x0026071c does not exist. Most likely, this error occurred because the tested object (window or control) or its parent object was deleted or recreated during the method call or before it. For instance, the window could be destroyed or recreated after you stored the object reference to a variable and before you called the object method through this variable. If the object is recreated, then to avoid the error, check the object's Exists property before calling the method, and if the object does not exist, obtain a reference to the new object. Tested object: Aliases.TransactConsole.Edit.menuitemFindCtrlF (Sys.Process('TransactConsole').UIAObject('Edit').MenuItem('Find... Ctrl-F'))

I manage to slove the issue by changing the value of the Mouse movement delay property (Go in your project Properties | Playback). In case the value of the property differs from 0, please set it to 0.

1 Reply

gdave
    Regular Contributor

gdavewrote:

Hi all

I manage to slove the issue by changing the value of the Mouse movement delay property (Go in your project Properties | Playback). In case the value of the property differs from 0, please set it to 0.