Forum Discussion

googleid_105206
Contributor
13 years ago

While using object spy option ' Point and fix' system getting hang

Hi

Iam using Testcomplete 8.6 version. While using object spy  option ' Point and fix' system  getting hang   . I followed "Selecting Objects Using Cursor"  Help topic. Still i facing same problem.

Regards,

Vijay

7 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Vijay,

From your other questions on this forum, I see that you are testing a Flex 4.6 application, so I assume that you're having problems with this app. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've checked a few sample Flex 4.6 apps on Adobe's web site and also faced the Object Spy hang-ups. I filed a bug report for this issue, and our developers will investigate it.

To "unhang" the Object Spy, you can press Esc and wait a bit. Also, for the time being, you can use Object Browser instead of the Object Spy to explore your application and view object properties.
    HKosova
    Hi Vijay,

We have created a patch for TestComplete 8.60 to fix the Object Spy hanging. To obtain the patch, please contact the Support Team and provide the link to this thread.

• Dear Support Team,

I am also facing same problem -

When I was trying to identify objects in Flex application using Point and Fix, Object Spy is not responding and which inturn hangs the Test Complete tool.

Test Complete -  9.0.1312.7

Flex version - 4.5

Please give appropriate solutions for this.

Thanks & Regards,

Deepak

TanyaYatskovska

Hi Deepak,

Could you please try using the latest TestComplete - v. 9.30? The issue should be resolved in this version.

TanyaYatskovska
    Hi Ilya,

According to our DB, the issue discussed in this thread was fixed in TC 9.30. Perhaps, the issue you faced has some different cause. Could you please contact our Support form to investigate it?