Forum Discussion

michael_jones1
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago
Solved

WebLoadUI tool inserting charcters in my url when recording script

I have entered the google url in the Record User Scenario box.  When the app launches, the WebLoadUI tool has inserted these "%20" characters in my url:

http://%20google.com/

• Hi Mike,

Are you sure that you didn't type the space before "google.com"? 

Actually, there is a special forum for WebLoadUI users. You can ask your question there - perhaps, someone else faced this behavior as well.

6 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Mike,

Are you sure that you didn't type the space before "google.com"? 

Actually, there is a special forum for WebLoadUI users. You can ask your question there - perhaps, someone else faced this behavior as well.

michael_jones1
    Occasional Contributor
    I am testing a web app with WebLoadUI (never used before).  Is there a way to script it to repeatedly get next so I can monitor with sql profiler to see if it is actually putting load on our server?
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Mike,

I suppose the Continuous Load feature is what you need. To activate it, please do the following:

1. Open the Load Test editor.

2. Switch to the Continuous Load tabbed page.

3. Check the Enable check box and set the needed test duration.

Anonymous
    Mike

yes, it is better to move the thread to the webloadui forum.

%20 is the space character encoding as we all know.

Regarding your get next and sql profiler - I am not sure what kind of data you want to use in the test or get from the test. Can you be a little more specific?

WebLoadUI is highly automated so many things that you have to script in other tools, just "happen" so you may need to rethink your approach a little. We'll be happy to help.

Happy testing.
    Anonymous
    Mike

on accessing load test editor - please use Interactive Help (the panel on the right) and links therein. They will take you to the right places.

If you double click on a test in the project tree, that will open the Load Test Editor.