Forum Discussion

maxthomassin
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago
Solved

Using Command Line

Hey,

im trying to use cmd line to run a specific script and later i will need to pass argument to the script.

I've beent trying many line, but i think this one is the closest to the solution :

"C:\Program Files\Automated QA\TestComplete 7\Bin\TestComplete.exe"    "C:\FINALE\SIPAD\SIPAD_TESTCOMPLETE.pjs" /r /p:Automatisation des Tests /t"Script|Moteur_Test_Automatise|Main"

TestComplete start, but the script aint running. I attached a picture of my project tree.

• Hi again Maxime.

If you want to pass some parameters, you should take a look at the following page : 

Here is an example you could use : 

function CommandLineArgs()

{

var nArgs = BuiltIn.ParamCount();

Log.Message("Total number of command-line arguments: " + nArgs);

Log.Message("The fully-qualified name of the TestComplete executable: " + BuiltIn.ParamStr(0));

for (var i = 1; i <= nArgs ; i++)

Log.Message("Arg " + i + ": " + BuiltIn.ParamStr(i));

}

6 Replies

maxthomassin
    Occasional Contributor
    I forgot to mention that i use TestComplete 7 and im testing web application. 

• Salut Maxime.

You should add quotes " in between Automatisation des Tests" because my guess is, TestExecute is actually trying to run the 'Automatisation' project which does not exists in your suite.

"C:\Program Files\Automated QA\TestComplete 7\Bin\TestComplete.exe"    "C:\FINALE\SIPAD\SIPAD_TESTCOMPLETE.pjs" /r /p:"Automatisation des Tests"  /t"Script|Moteur_Test_Automatise|Main"

Regards, 

Guillaume

maxthomassin
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for the reply, but it still not working. I renamed the projet with Automatisation_des_Tests. The line open TestComplete and open the project suite and the project, but after, nothing happen.

I think what is not working is the last section : /t"Script|Moteur_Test_Automatise|Main"

In my tree (you can also look the picture I attached on the initial post), I have : Script, then the folder Scenario and then my script.
    maxthomassin
    Occasional Contributor
    I just figured out. The example is not working, but I the I followed the command line signature and its working. 

"C:\Program Files\Automated QA\TestComplete 7\Bin\TestComplete.exe"    "C:\FINALE\SIPAD\SIPAD_TESTCOMPLETE.pjs" /run /project:Automatisation_des_Tests /unit:Moteur_Test_Automatise /routine:Main

maxthomassin
    Occasional Contributor
    The only thing i need to find out now, its to pass parameter the my main

• Hi again Maxime.

If you want to pass some parameters, you should take a look at the following page : 

Here is an example you could use : 

function CommandLineArgs()

{

var nArgs = BuiltIn.ParamCount();

Log.Message("Total number of command-line arguments: " + nArgs);

Log.Message("The fully-qualified name of the TestComplete executable: " + BuiltIn.ParamStr(0));

for (var i = 1; i <= nArgs ; i++)

Log.Message("Arg " + i + ": " + BuiltIn.ParamStr(i));

}