Forum Discussion

keejams
New Contributor
13 years ago

URGENT HELP NEEDED! TESTCOMPLETE WAITING FOR OBJECTS ETC FOREVER

Hi, I am new to Test complete. I have been assigned to test a point of sale solution Trademeters, the problem is it is not recognizing most of this application's controls and objects, although it has been written in C# and WPF is used. The version of Test complete is 7.52. Right from the initial startup window, Test complete fails to identify the "OK" or "CANCEL" buttons or the drop down menus, instead it keeps waiting for the next object for infinite amount of time. If anybody wants to check it themselves here is the url for this POS software I want to test, just download the 30 days free trial and do tell what is the problem. Thanks

http://www.trademeters.com/

P.S: I have also tried using the finder tool from checkpoints but it also does not select those controls/buttons.

3 Replies

• Hi,

I could find the controls OK,Cancel using finder tool, You can do one thing go to file| install extension and select all extensions and then try again.
    keejams
    New Contributor
    Thanks for the reply, I have checked and all extensions are included. It records everything fine, the problem arises when the test is run. I have this screencast to show the exact problems, please tell whether I am doing it wrong or its the fault of testcomplete.

http://youtu.be/uNVEIuN5A0g

Any help is much appreciated.
  • Hi there,

Using my installation of TestComplete 7.52 and a trial version of your software, I record tests without an issue. TestComplete doesn't seem to record the tests correctly in your case for some reason.

P.S: I have also tried using the finder tool from checkpoints but it also does not select those controls/buttons.

Please post an image that will demonstrate the Object Properties window after you select one of the controls (even if the red square doesn't highlight the control, but highlights one of its parent windows, or the whole application, or a dialog window).