Forum Discussion

vijenderkumar
Occasional Contributor
3 months ago

Testcomplete Record feature

I recorded a desktop automation when I ran it again it is not entering the values to the field where I entered value during recording but in some other field .can you please help 

it should enter the values in Last name and first name instead entering in the Mobile section.

11 Replies

vijenderkumar
      Occasional Contributor

I am trying to read and progress but in my application all the fields have same properties 

the one at right hand side top so not able to find the actual field property to map with plz advice.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

You are testing a Java application? You need to ensure that your scale and layout is set to 100%, otherwise the incorrect object will be highlighted.

How does you application fields, have all the same properties? I don't understand?

vijenderkumar
      Occasional Contributor

Actually I am changed my system display settings to 125% to accommodate the application do you mean to use 150% setting ,

This a application built on Java Swing and AWT that's why.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

You need to ensure that your scale and layout is set to 100%.

vijenderkumar
      Occasional Contributor

Hi rraghvani

I increased the display settings of system  to 150 %  but after recording when rerun its not even click on the reservation window

could you please help or can we have a session to explain I need to deliver to client.

vijenderkumar
      Occasional Contributor

Even after scale and layout change to 100 result are same checking DPI settings and checkpoints

rraghvani
        Champion Level 3

Now that you have set the scale and layout to 100%. Have you read through Object Identification and Name Mapping? Have you created name mapping for each UI controls, and have you provided appropriate property values?

Each UI control should have unique properties defined, so that TC can search and interact with the control.

Having a the property value of,

does not indicate what UI control you are referring to. It could mean any of these