Forum Discussion

sacondon
Established Member
9 months ago
Solved

Tableau Testing

I'm new to TestComplete and was wondering if anyone has used this for testing Tableau reports. These reports would consist of columns of historical data and columns of current data from month to month. Probably not much I can do with current data, but possibly check historical data or perform screenshots for comparison? Any methods used, advice would be appreciated.

• Hi,

I had limited experience with Tableau that we needed to use as part of our tests. Web pages generated by Tableau had no semantic markup, thus it was a nightmare to locate required web element on such page.

If Tableau still does not provide semantic markup for its web pages (I bet it does not ๐Ÿ˜ž ), I would seriously consider something like image-based testing or image-recognition testing and to a limited extent only.

2 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

I had limited experience with Tableau that we needed to use as part of our tests. Web pages generated by Tableau had no semantic markup, thus it was a nightmare to locate required web element on such page.

If Tableau still does not provide semantic markup for its web pages (I bet it does not ๐Ÿ˜ž ), I would seriously consider something like image-based testing or image-recognition testing and to a limited extent only.