Forum Discussion

Everseeker
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Silly little Status box... Come here...

First off, this little status box vexes me...

2015-06-19_14-41-38.jpg

I am a lucky guy... 3 monitors, all 26"...wide screens...

All the way over on the left is my "main" window, with the "Object Under Test"

And, I keep TC on the middle screen. (Wish that was more useful then it is... see the next part for more on that)

But Wayyyyy over ... Right up against the right side of the right window.... is this little #@@*&*@ Gem

If I want to pause a test, I have to haul my cursor WAYyyyy over, across 3 screens, to Cli<Zing>.....dang... TC took the cursor to click something... OK, Now, Wayyyy over on the <Zing>...... sigh. How do I get it to pop up in a different location? Failing that, I found the shortcut to STOP (Shift F5) what is the one to Pause?(Not on the toolTip)

Next: OK, I came from a QTP Shop... feel free to heap scorn and derision upon me...Done?

OK, now... I REALLY DO like to know where I am in a test. I miss the little yellow arrow from QTP

Is there ANYTHING like it for TC?

And, Last (Related)

So, I am going to be running script Umpti_Floxi_Mopping 200 times..., then there is Umpti_Moxi_Mopping for 100 more

SURE WOULD BE NICE to have a "Umpti_Floxi_Mopping - Iteration xxx of yyy" somewhere on the screen (Heck, that Looney Status box could be sooo useful...

Am I not seeing an obvious Option, or ???

• Everseeker wrote:

"So, I am going to be running script Umpti_Floxi_Mopping 200 times..., then there is Umpti_Moxi_Mopping for 100 more

SURE WOULD BE NICE to have a "Umpti_Floxi_Mopping - Iteration xxx of yyy" somewhere on the screen (Heck, that Looney Status box could be sooo useful...

Hello Everseeker,

As for knowing the iteration you are, you could use the Indicator.PushText(<"Iterations nn of nn goes here>");

and then Indicator.PopText().

To see more about Iteration check this out http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/59146/

Regards,

Leandro de Araújo Souza

• Hi,

I feel your pain on that silly box! I have come across a way to create your own shortcut as it is not currently assigned in test complete.

If you go to;

Tools > Customize Keyboard

Within there on the categories section find "Test Engine" and in the Commands section find "Pause".

Set the nessecary shortcut you desire and boom. Done.

Hope that aids some pain relief!

5 Replies

richardw_1
    Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I feel your pain on that silly box! I have come across a way to create your own shortcut as it is not currently assigned in test complete.

If you go to;

Tools > Customize Keyboard

Within there on the categories section find "Test Engine" and in the Commands section find "Pause".

Set the nessecary shortcut you desire and boom. Done.

Hope that aids some pain relief!

joe_2
      Contributor

Richardw_1, I don't know about him, but I think you're a lifesaver with that customize tip.  I've known about shift-f2 a long time now, and wished there was a pause version.  Never thought to make my own though.

• Awwww...

Thought I was making progress.

Had a test die, so I clicked the "Stop" button... not expecting much. Well, This happened

2015-06-19_16-29-49.jpg

Forgive me if I do not clap.... that's the last thing TC did before locking itself up ...again... (Sigh)

• Everseeker wrote:

"So, I am going to be running script Umpti_Floxi_Mopping 200 times..., then there is Umpti_Moxi_Mopping for 100 more

Hello Everseeker,

As for knowing the iteration you are, you could use the Indicator.PushText(<"Iterations nn of nn goes here>");

and then Indicator.PopText().

To see more about Iteration check this out http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/59146/

Regards,

Leandro de Araújo Souza

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

> Failing that, I found the shortcut to STOP (Shift F5) what is the one to Pause?(Not on the toolTip)

Tools | Options | General | Global Shortcuts.

And yes, it is natural and expected that the action is performed against the target UI object if test code uses .click() functions.